Re: Will The Hurd Trample The Penguin ?!?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Will The Hurd Trample The Penguin ?!?
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:29:23 +0200

   >>> The Hurd developers concluded, as did many others before them,
   >>> that Mach's performance and stability was insufficient.

We haven't concluded any such thing.  Nor has anyone before us
concluded any such thing.

   Mach is owned by GNU ( or licensed under GPL ).

You cannot own software, just like you cannot own ideas.  The GNU
project forked CMU's Mach kernel along time ago under the name GNU
Mach.  CMU Mach is licensed under the BSD license, and GNU Mach has
parts licensed under the BSD license, and parts under the GNU GPL.