Off topic: OPL is dead? FLD, LFLD possible

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Off topic: OPL is dead? FLD, LFLD possible
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:34:16 +0100

Hello

I apologise for the off topic question. But lately I am inclined to
use the OPL license for some documents of mine.

However the relevant web site looks quite dead, subscription to the
mailing list was not answered, the author did not reply to a question.

Does anybody know about the status of the OPL license project? For
example semi-official translations.

Another question  concerns the FLD. What  make me hesitate to  use the
FLD,  is  the fact that  it  allows unrestricted modifications without
consulting the author. Now  while this is fine for  a manual, it seems
to me  too "liberal" for  documents like  a  book.  Does anybody  know
whether there a  plans, for example from  the  FSF, to  release a more
restrictive documentation license, something like  one could then call
lesser FLD.

Thanks and regards

Uwe Brauer