Re: [GNU-linux-libre] DSFG in perpetuity

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] DSFG in perpetuity
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 09:01:51 -0700 (PDT)

Henry Jensen <address@hidden> wrote ..
> It depends on how you define "to steer". Just to mention a file name or
> any other non-free program isn't hardly "steering". And it seems that
> this is also the view at the FSF. Otherwise PureOS wouldn't have been
> endorsed in the first place.

We're going in circles. We had that discussion before. I pointed to the
earlier messages on this mailing list where RMS had said it amounted to
that in our earlier conversation, and how PureOS was probably an oversight.
It doesn't seem fair to point to a mistake and want it to continue to
happen going forward. After all, "we don't reject a distribution over
mistakes. Our requirement is for the distribution developers to have a firm
commitment to promptly correct any mistakes that are reported to them."

And here things are again, continuing to push back on making the change.