Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Freeslack website

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Freeslack website
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 13:36:59 -0400

as i understand, the final issue preventing free-slack from being
endorsed is the word "slack" in their name - which is in conflict with
the "no name confusion" criteria

so one other thing to point out for the sake of equality is that the
connochaetos website refers to the repos it hosts as "The slack-n-free repo"

"free-slack"
"slack-n-free"

is it just me? - im not seeing a huge difference there - personally, my
opinion would be that neither are particularly offensive - "slack" is
not exactly "slackware" - just as i see no problem with the free-dora
repos hosted by FSFLA because "dora" is not "fedora" - although these
are all clearly intended to remind the reader that "this is the freed
version of that well-known one"

o/c these are not my rules to make; but please let us apply the same
rules equally to all