Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1262331] (inactive Linux distributions)

From: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1262331] (inactive Linux distributions)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 15:28:20 +0100

Hi everyone,

this conversation keeps coming back constantly, may we have a FAQ
about this? In a previous mail to this list I've stressed some aspects
about the perception of what is "actively maintained" and what not.

For now I confirm that dyne:bolic is active. We are very busy working
on a foundation for version 4 (Devuan) that can be 100% free (like
heads.dyne.org) and has a "cleaned up" repository (thanks to a new
software "amprolla" which does a "server side pin" of deb packages.

These days I'm just testing the desktop environment which will perhaps
be Moksha (big up to Bodhilinux for maintaining this fork of E17!) and
you'll see a new release this year.

I take the occasion to wish you all Happy New Year!

--
  Denis Roio a.k.a. Jaromil  http://Dyne.org think &do tank
  Ph.D, CTO & co-founder    software to empower communities