Re: [GNU-linux-libre] firefox and thunderbird HOWTO request

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] firefox and thunderbird HOWTO request
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 20:37:14 +1030

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:43:42 -0600
Joshua Ismael <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> Both thunderbird and firefox have branding issues
> and recommend non free plugins, so free distros
> can't provide them but have compile another package
> based upon it.
>
> For parabola we were providing icecat, but the delay
> between firefox releases and icecat's causes some
> troubles with our repo.

What sort of troubles? Are you able to help gnuzilla to get releases
out quicker?

> So we are thinking about compiling an unbranded
> browser like trisquel.
>
> Also, we haven't changed links for thunderbird, so
> we ask for your mozconfig for compiling both
> projects and any patches you apply if any, or any
> instructions that may be helpfull.

Hopefully they are all in gnuzilla. If free distros are doing other
freedom patches not in gnuzilla it would be a great thing to get into
that project - easier for us all to share :)
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au