Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Can linux-firmware get addeed to Software_blacklis

From: Brett Smith
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Can linux-firmware get addeed to Software_blacklist?
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:40:28 -0400

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 11:22 +1030, Karl Goetz wrote:
> The Ubuntu bug at [1] (Which should be retitled 'linux-firmware in
> main') has been lurking around for a while, but only just become a
> linux-firmware problem.
> Any objections to me adding it onto S_B?

I... think that's probably fine.  :)  I'm not completely up on the
backstory here, but definitely any package containing Intel's wireless
blobs should be on the blacklist.  Go ahead and add the entry and if I
still don't get it we'll try to clarify it.

--
Brett Smith
Licensing Compliance Engineer, Free Software Foundation

Support the FSF by becoming an Associate Member: http://fsf.org/jf