Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Re: Freedom issues with non-free firmware in exte

From: Diego Saravia
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Re: Freedom issues with non-free firmware in external files
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 19:24:28 -0300

> You can still do all that things even if you do not distribute this
> not-usable-in-freedom drivers. They are separate problems.

yes

you can do everything also if you dont distribute anything, there are
others distros.

the point of a distro is to help people

we need to help people in developing free software, so its useful to
distribute free software, even if its not a complete one.

>> Users can do what they want.
>
> That is the idea. Even if you, as a free software distributor, choose
> not to ship that drivers, users can still download an use them if they
> like, so you are oppressing nobody.

you are helping people to develop free software.

> Please, just calm down, that attitude is not going to help.

I am complete calm,

I understand and have not problem with your point of view*, you are
the one trying to exclude what I think from your "free software
distribution guide"

* in relation with drivers, I do not endorse free software dist guide
in relation to trademarks or non free content.

--
Diego Saravia
address@hidden