Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Re: Freedom issues with non-free firmware in exter

From: Daniel Olivera
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Re: Freedom issues with non-free firmware in external files
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:07:42 +0200

Yavor Doganov escribió:
> Daniel Olivera wrote:
>> Consideration is a personal opinion.
>
> Of course it is a personal opinion.  Ututo is not an
> ebuild/compilation bot/farm, right?  The technical and philosophical
> decisions a distro makes is essentially what makes it a different
> distro.

But accorging to 4 freedoms not my personal opinion or consideration.

if have 4 freedoms is free software and can be present in ututo xs.
if not ututo reject a packages.

That's de line.
Line never be my personal opinion.

> I am not going to even attempt to teach you how to run your own
> distro, that would be ridiculuous.  But it really looks like we are
> misunderstanding each other.
>
>> If have 4 freedoms is free software.
>> For us that is de "line"
>
> So you say that a free program that is only usable in conjuction with
> a non-free one is OK to use (and distribute)?

Usable or not if some package have 4 freedoms is free software.
If not our conferences may be other.
According to that you say.

In any case, if all users will be use a "personal opinion" all users
could decide about non-free software using "personal opinion".

We vill never block software. User could be use "personal opinion"

>> Only if system provider distribute a non-free software.
>
> You are the system provider.

No.
UTUTO is the system provider.
Al packages in ututo xs repository have 4 freedoms, operative or not
ututo xs only distribute 4 freedoms packages.

>>> Yeah, everything is bundled with the "source".
>
>> No.
>> GPL-2 module with in the kernel.
>> firmware is distributed by others.
>> Are 2 different software packages.
>
> Forgive me my lack of knowledge about wireless technologies.  So, if
> I get it right, iwl3945 is a free driver distributed with the Linux
> kernel that cannot possibly work without non-free firmware distributed
> by others (Intel)?  If so, it is a perfect example of something that
> should be purged.

Al modules or software packages what need to compilation process any
non-free software are non-free software.
Example of this is a first release of java with GPL-2 license.
This package need 2 .jar files releases with license special not with 4
freedoms.

>> UTUTO not distribute any software if this software don't have 4
>> freedoms according to FSF definition of free software.
>
> I strongly encourage you to (re-)read the other materials at
> http://gnu.org/philosophy.  The free software definition is only a
> starting point, and I dare to say that you simply cannot evaluate
> packages in isolation, without taking into account their runtime (and
> build) dependencies.  At least the Savannah Hackers do this painful
> excercise, and I'm unpleasantly surprised that Ututo does not.

This hackers, and this Gnu Project and other free software fighter never
create a free system.
All rules, All software, all hackers, all gurus, all free software
moviment never use a 100% free system.

I create this system.

I first hacker from free software moviment what compile and put only
free software in one CD are me.

you don't need teach about the history, I write de history.

Regards

happy hacking!!
--
Daniel Olivera (mate.cosido, aun fuera de la ley)
Director Proyecto UTUTO (Argentina)

"Soy y seré comunista hasta el último dia de mi vida"
"La vida no vale nada si no es para perecer porque otros puedan tener,
lo que uno disfruta ya" Pablo Milanes.

Correo Electrónico  : address@hidden - address@hidden

Argentina - Teléfono: +54  11 5353-9494 Extension: 2943434
España    - Teléfono: +34 957 780744          Fax: +34 957 780645
Sistemas VoIP       : ututo01 (Skype/Ekiga)
Mensajeros          : Jabber: address@hidden
                         ICQ: 8368437
Blog                : www.ututo.org/daniel