gnoppix-user

[Gnoppix-user] Problems shutting down Gnoppix

From: Riko Wichmann
Subject: [Gnoppix-user] Problems shutting down Gnoppix
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:43:21 +0100

Dear all,

since a few days, I play a bit with Gnoppix 0.6RC1. I really like this system and am seriously considering of getting rid of my Suse and replacing it with Gnoppix.

However, so far I didn't manage to shutdown the system on my machine. This happens both on a Latitute D600 and also on some oder HW with AMD 650 MHz processor.

When done, I select the log-out button from the action menue under gnome. This brings me to the login screen of gdm. However, when I no select "shutdown computer" from the systems menue, nothing happens.

After trying this a few times, I decided to just issue shutdown -h now from a root window, but unfortunately, Gnoppix then doesn't prompt me for taking out the CD, so I'm stuck with the CD in the drive, which I then need to remember during reboot, if I don't want to get into Gnoppix. This is very annoying!!

Am I missing something essential here? I had the same problem on the beta3 already.

Any hint would be appreciated.

Thanks,

        Riko