RE: Nokia 5130 with Mac OS X

From: Michael Hutchinson
Subject: RE: Nokia 5130 with Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:27:07 +1200

Hello Gustavo,

I'm not sure about those USB device names you supplied, as to whether
you'll be able to talk to the phone on those or not.

One would have expected a /dev/ttyUSB* entry to be created (note the
wildcard), at least, this is how I've found phone's presented on USB
before.

>> /var/lock/LCK..ttyS0

You can create /var/lock, so Gnokii can use lock files. Just make sure
the permissions on the folder will allow the user that runs gnokii to
write to it.

ttys0 in this part is definitely wrong, as that suggests the phone is
wired to a serial port (NOT a USB one).

Persist and see if you have any /dev/ttyUSB devices that will allow
gnokii to talk to the phone.

And check out this webpage: http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Cables and
see if you can resolve your connection/configuration problem. There are
sample gnokiirc entries in there to help, that state how to use the
different connection methods.

Cheers,
Mike