Re: capturing keypress/release events using F-BUS

From: Rohit Chaudhri
Subject: Re: capturing keypress/release events using F-BUS
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:15:45 +0530

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 2:13 AM, Daniele Forsi <address@hidden> wrote:
2009/6/15 Rohit Chaudhri:

> its possible to transmit out key press/key release events from the phone to
> an external processor over FBUS?

I don't think so, but if your phones are handled by the nk6510.c
driver you may try to modify NK6510_Subscribe() to subscribe to the
channels for which there is no NK6510_MSG_* symbol in
include/phones/nk6510.h (ie the unknown/undocumented channels) then
run gnokii --smsreader and see what happens when you press a key, this
might permanently damage your phone, or you might find a value that
works, or you might waste your time

Thanks for the information! While I do not understand all of this yet, but I'll look at the code and try to figure out how this should be done.
Looking through the wiki I found gnokii has a couple of commandline options --getdisplaystatus and --getdisplayoutput. It seems like information returned from these options might be useful for my purposes, however these are optionally implemented. Would these work for the 1200? If they don't work (& I'll know more about this soon), would it be because the phone doesnot support this at all or is this some thing that I could possibly (hopefully) implement in the gnokii protocol?

thanks.

you can also see if gammu supports this function
--
Daniele Forsi