Re: Nokia E71: identified as AT/usb but memory not accessible

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Nokia E71: identified as AT/usb but memory not accessible
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:31:31 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 10:30, Enrique Costa<address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to access my new Nokia E71 from my Fedora 10/KDE Laptop.
>
> As I read how strange is the new Nokia E series I tried the basic access,
> whis should be AT and usb.
> So, I get my phone identified but I don't get the backup of my phonebook
> which is my objectiv.
>
> Would you like to help me?

It's not possible with gnokii right now. The way I recommend is to use
opensync for that purpose.
This is the way how I do it:
$ msynctool --version
This is msynctool version "0.22"
using OpenSync version "0.22"
$ msynctool --showgroup e712file
Groupname: e712file
Member 1: syncml-obex-client
        Configuration : <?xml version="1.0"?>
<config>
  <!-- (Only for bluetooth) The bluetooth address if the bluetooth
mode is selected -->
  <bluetooth_address>00:1F:5C:XX:XX:XX</bluetooth_address>

  <!-- (Only for bluetooth) The bluetooth channel to use. `sdptool
browse $MAC` to search for the correct channel -->
  <bluetooth_channel>10</bluetooth_channel>

  <!-- (Only for USB) The usb interface number of the SYNCML-SYNC
target. use syncml-obex-client -u (you will need access to the USB raw
device) to find it. -->
  <interface>0</interface>

  <!-- The string that the plugin will use to identify itself. Some
devices need a special string here. -->
  <identifier>PC Suite</identifier>

  <!-- The syncml version to use: 0 for 1.0, 1 for 1.1 and 2 for 1.2 -->
  <version>1</version>

  <!-- if the plugin should use wbxml -->
  <wbxml>1</wbxml>

  <!-- The username to use. Leave empty to not require a username -->
  <username></username>

  <!-- the password for the username -->
  <password></password>

  <!-- sets the connection type to use. 5 means obex over usb, 2 means
obex over bluetooth -->
  <type>2</type>

  <!-- If wbxml is enabled, defines wether the wbxml should use string
tables -->
  <usestringtable>0</usestringtable>

  <!-- Never send ADD command, but send REPLACE (not needed normally) -->
  <onlyreplace>0</onlyreplace>

  <!-- Workaround around for mobile phones which only use local
timestamps and _no_ UTC timestamps! -->
  <onlyLocaltime>0</onlyLocaltime>

  <!-- Sets the maximum allowed size in bytes of incoming messages
(some device need this option set). Example: 10000 -->
  <recvLimit>0</recvLimit>

  <maxObjSize>0</maxObjSize>

  <!-- The name of the contacts db. Must be the same as the phones sends -->
  <contact_db>Contacts</contact_db>

  <!-- The name of the calendar db. Must be the same as the phones sends -->
  <calendar_db>Calendar</calendar_db>

  <!-- The name of the note db. Must be the same as the phones sends -->
  <note_db>Notes</note_db>
</config>
Member 2: file-sync
        Configuration : <?xml version="1.0"?>
<config>
  <!-- directory path for file-sync -->
  <path>/home/pkot/phone-backup</path>

  <!-- should care of subdirectories (TRUE or FALSE) -->
  <recursive>FALSE</recursive>
</config>
$ msynctool --sync e712file
[...]