Nokia E71: identified as AT/usb but memory not accessible

From: Enrique Costa
Subject: Nokia E71: identified as AT/usb but memory not accessible
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:30:50 +0200

Hello!

I'm trying to access my new Nokia E71 from my Fedora 10/KDE Laptop.

As I read how strange is the new Nokia E series I tried the basic access, whis should be AT and usb. So, I get my phone identified but I don't get the backup of my phonebook which is my objectiv.

Would you like to help me?
Thanks in advance!

Hereafter you will find the config file, the commands and the results I got.

/etc/gnokiirc
[global]
model = AT
port = /dev/ttyACM0
connection = serial
xdebug = on

gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.27 Couldn't read /root/.gnokiirc config file. Couldn't read /root/.gnokiirc config file. IMEI : 351940032685614 Manufacturer : Nokia
Model        : Nokia E71
Product name : Nokia E71
Revision     : V 100.71.821.4

command
gnokii --getphonebook ME 1 end --ldif >myphonebook.ldif 2>gnokii-errors

stderr
GNOKII Version 0.6.27
Couldn't read /root/.gnokiirc config file.
Couldn't read /root/.gnokiirc config file.
Error reading from the location 1 in memory ME
Error: Unknown error - well better than nothing!!