SMSD daemon keeps dying after 30 secs onced restarted

From: Simon Blackburn
Subject: SMSD daemon keeps dying after 30 secs onced restarted
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 04:58:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have a problem with the smsd daemon on a debian linux machine.  We have just had to change the modem to the following:

gnokii --identify

IMEI         : 357249019994724
Manufacturer : SIEMENS
Model        : MC35i
Revision     : REVISION 02.00
Serial device: closing device

As you can see we are using a old version of gnokii.henry:/# gnokii --version
GNOKII Version 0.6.5
Copyright (C) Hugh Blemings <address@hidden>, 1999, 2000
Copyright (C) Pavel Janik ml. <address@hidden>, 1999, 2000
Copyright (C) Pavel Machek <address@hidden>, 2001
Copyright (C) Pawel Kot <address@hidden>, 2001-2004
Copyright (C) BORBELY Zoltan <address@hidden>, 2002
gnokii is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
There is absolutely no warranty for gnokii.  See GPL for details.
Built 12:30:28 May  1 2005

I have had a look around and can not see anything that is causing this to fail. Put debugging on, but no information is shown.  Done this in the gnokiirc file.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Si