Re: smsd deletes inbound SMS messages when database connection down

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: smsd deletes inbound SMS messages when database connection down
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:13:38 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 09:05, Alastair Watts <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 08:54 +0200, Pawel Kot wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 08:28, Alastair Watts <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > Also, I've double checked, and the version being used is actually
>> > 0.6.17, but has this part of the code changed between then and 0.6.26?
>>
>> I remember it's been fixed at some moment but cannot find any
>> reference in the changelog.
>
> OK, I'll try and see if I can upgrade easily.
>
> Just happened again, but didn't have debug on. Exact error was:
>
> 123: INSERT INTO inbox failed.
> Error: MySQL server has gone away

Now looking into the code changes I can confirm that the fix was
present in 0.6.18 version. The fix came along with concatenated sms
support for mysql plugin. Consider yourself quite unlucky with the
chosen gnokii version ;)

> It should be noted that it also appears that smsd can still read the
> outbox table and can send sms messages, but appears to be unable to
> insert the received messages.

That would be strange. It can read SMS but INSERT failes with such
error as above?