Re: Will gnokii break a 6610i?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Will gnokii break a 6610i?
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:23:15 +0200

Hi,

On 6/19/06, Torsten Techmann <address@hidden> wrote:
I get similar messages from other commands (e.g. monitor or getdatetime).
The settings on .gnokiirc that I changed are:

Sure that's why this message is.

port = /dev/ttyS1
model = 6610i
connection = irda
use_locking = no
bindir = /home/techmann/sbin/

Changing the model entry to 6310 or 6510 does not help.

Ditto.

According to gnokii-0.6.13.txt and README-6510, the 6610i should be
supported by gnokii.

It is in fact.

I also own a NOKIA 6310 that works perfectly with gnokii.

Regarding the mail from Stefan Sassenberg posted on 08 June 2006 I am
afraid, that trying anything could break my phone. Is it maybe a problem
of the phone's firmware (it seems to be revision 3.10)?

What can I do to make it work by minimizing the risk of breaking the phone?

What I'm thinking at the moment is that some kind of xgnokii usage
pattern breaks the phone. And I am considering removing this warning
and not letting use of these phones with xgnokii. That should be done
in few days.