Re: --putfilebyid?

From: Jari Turkia
Subject: Re: --putfilebyid?
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 11:26:56 +0300

Pawel Kot wrote:
Technically most of those require nothing but sending properly formatted
SMSes. Gnokii can do the sending part, but what about the SMS format?  I
don't know if all needed specs are available somewhere. Any ideas?

See GSM specs from http://www.3gpp.org/specs/numbering.htm

Those look like deep internals of GSM to me.

This looks interesting: http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia.com/id/3377eb33-cb1d-490e-a1cb-8735d785e1d3/OTA_settings_general_7_0.pdf.html

To my surprise, it states that OTA-settings and SyncML-settings messages are actually XML-text SMSes.

The keyword for WAP push seems to be Service Indication (SI). Yet another XML-message: http://www.wmlclub.com/docs/ has old versions from http://www.wapforum.org/what/technical.htm, which seem to be password protected.

It also seems that Nokia has released "Smart Messaging Specification" which contains interesting things:
http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia.com/id/49d553ab-8bd6-4792-b9b6-c549db85337f/Smart_Messaging_Specification_rev_3_0_0_Installer.zip.html

How can I send binary SMSes with Gnokii? Is it possible to read the input from a file?

Regards,
Jari Turkia