Re: Nokia 6021 + IRDA: workin from time to time.

From: Angelo Chu
Subject: Re: Nokia 6021 + IRDA: workin from time to time.
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 02:16:31 +0800

Dear Pavel,

I'm using Nokia 8210 with IrDA.The situation is exactly the same as you.Your situation arised because if you have no data transfer with the phone within designated minutes (refer to your phone's manual),the connection will be terminated by your phone.As a result,the message from the gnokii will show "Expecting... and some kind of error" because the connection is broken.I thought of a work-around and write a script to continously sending data to the phone with a designated interval say like 30 secs but ultimately,it failed.It started smoothly,it generated same error as you after 20 or so minutes.I can't figure out.As a result,I use my other phone with cable to solve my problem and save my time.

I have been searching the mailing list and google all the time,I found zero message or reply regarding this problem.So,I suggest you should find a better solution instead of figuring out why.That's my 10 cents. :-)

--
Best regards,
Angelo