Connecting to Siemens SX1 on Windows XP using gnokii 0.6.11 and gnapplet

From: suyilei
Subject: Connecting to Siemens SX1 on Windows XP using gnokii 0.6.11 and gnapplet
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:21:44 +0800 (CST)

Hi,

I'm new to the gnokii-users list.

I had some problems when connecting to Siemens SX1 on Windows XP using gnokii 0.6.11 and gnapplet.

1. IrDA connection doesn't work, even if I use IrDA:IrComm. There is just no response on the SX1 side.
2. Serial connection works, (Wow!) But only with IrComm2k installed on Windows XP.

So I wrote a little test program to communicate with SX1 and send some garbage that just is able let SX1 response with "IrComm connection". I used the typical Windows "IrSock 9WireMode". But it didn't work either.(The code is almost the same as what gnokii has) However, I can connect with my SX1 using the Virtual Comm port exposed by IrComm2k.

My questions are:
1. Is there any way I can make the IrDA connection work?
2. What is the thing that IrComm2k can do but IrSock can NOT?
3. Is this a bug in the implementation of IrComm in SX1, or this is a common issue for all Symbian OS phones?
(I don't have other models to try now.)

BTW, gnokii works well with IrDA or IrSock with my Nokia 7210 phone. That's why I suspect that this is a bug of SX1.

Thanks,

Jeff