Re: Compilation of the smsd daemon

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Compilation of the smsd daemon
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 15:15:28 +0100

Hi,

On 3/2/06, Jan Derfinak <address@hidden> wrote:
> Your output is terrible formated.
> The last invocation of gcc is with wrong arguments. Instead of postgresql
> library you link against smsd pq library
> /usr/local/src/gnokii-0.6.11/smsd/.libs/libpq.so
>
> The right line should look like this one:
> gcc -shared  .libs/pq.o  -L/opt/gnome/lib64 /opt/gnome/lib64/libglib-2.0.so
> -L/usr/lib64 -lpq  -Wl,-soname -Wl,libpq.so -o .libs/libpq.so

The problem is that libtool (or whatever generated this line) does the
thing Zdenek describes. I haven't noticed it as it doesn't appear with
--disable-shared option in gnokii's configure. But it happens also for
me. I haven't looked at the reason yet, neither at which change did
cause it.

http://www.gnokii.org/