6230 and DKU-2

From: Brian Wallis
Subject: 6230 and DKU-2
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:02:58 +1000

I have a 6230 and am trying to connect to it using a DKU2 cable. It works in
AT mode but not when the model is set to 6230.

I think the problem is in the driver. I have applied Chris Kemp's kernel patch
to a 2.6.10 kernel and have loaded the nokia_dku2 module before pluging in
the phone. I have gnokii from a CVS tarball, version 20050415.

It doesn't seem to be using the driver. I get the following dmesg output when

drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for Generic
usbcore: registered new driver usbserial_generic
usbcore: registered new driver usbserial
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial Driver core v2.0
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for Nokia
7600/DKU2 driver
usbcore: registered new driver Nokia DKU2
drivers/usb/serial/nokia_dku2.c: v0.2 C Kemp
drivers/usb/serial/nokia_dku2.c: Nokia DKU2 Driver
usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 2

etc...

Will the driver recognise a 6230 phone when it is plugged in or does it need
to have an ID added to it or a parameter or something like that? (I don't
know much about USB and the drivers).

thanks,

--
brian...