Re: rebuild gnapplet.sis on linux

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: rebuild gnapplet.sis on linux
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:38:12 +0200

Hi,

Sorry for the long delay... :-(

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 02:05:15PM +0800, Kang Tin LAI wrote:
> I followed
>
>       http://www.koeniglich.de/symbian_sdk_on_unix.html
>
> to setup the sdk
>
>       Series 60 SDK 2.1 for Symbian OS, Nokia Edition
>
> on my linux.
>
> I tried to rebuild the gnapplet.sis for my 6260 cell phone, I got a missing
> file error of perl makedef.pl, I checked that is for platform win32,
> MacOS,... I tried to make a copy of makedef.pl from the net for pretending,
> but another error of missing file "config.h".
>
> So the makefile of the gnapplet is setup for win32 platform with win
> version perl? I checked the makefile, if I build on the linux, does it mean
> I may skip certain steps that not need on linux?

No. My platform is Linux, but there are more developing environments. I
set up gnupoc (www.gnupoc.org), so the Makefile supports it. Maybe it's
easier to rewrite the Makefile, it's quite simple. Just compile and link
it together. You have to produce two output files: gnapplet.app and
gnapplet.exe.

Bye,
Bozo