Re: unable to MAKEDEV for /dev/gnokii on 3390

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: unable to MAKEDEV for /dev/gnokii on 3390
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 07:08:59 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Elio Maggini wrote:

I have gnokii install. However when I attempt "gnokii --monitor" I get the error, "Serial device: opening device /dev/gnokii -- Gnokii serial_open: open: No such file or directory"

Why do you try to use /dev/gnokii? Does any documentation hint to do this? Please show us where, we will remove it. Use the serial potr device instead.

I have attempted to use /dev/MAKEDEV gnokii, but get an error saying "don't know how to create gnokii"

And that's correct. Did we anywhere in the documentation suggest to do this?

p k o t a t b e z s e n s u d o t p l
http://www.gnokii.org/