Re: Portability Considerations

From: Alice Osako
Subject: Re: Portability Considerations
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 13:34:18 -0400

Gaius Mulley:
Alice Osako <alicetrillianosako@gmail.com> writes:

I ended up entirely deleting and replacing the local git repo, and
that solved the problem with building gm2 v.14.0.1 (this was built off
of the master trunk, so I don't know if there is a branch with the
aforementioned 14.2 version).

I have tried compiling the code for the program ('make portable') with
the resulting compiler, but still got an ICE. I am seriously wondering
if there is something wrong with my setup.

<snip>
I realize it is something of a big request, but could someone please
see if they can get this to compile on their system?

https://github.com/Schol-R-LEA/Modula-2-Portable-Bit-Manipulation/tree/main
Hi Alice,

ah yes thanks - indeed a bug.  Here is a proposed fix:

Thank you very much! That does indeed fix the problem.