Re: summerTimeFlag vs. SummerTimeFlag

From: Benjamin Kowarsch
Subject: Re: summerTimeFlag vs. SummerTimeFlag
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 00:47:30 +0900

On Fri, 2 Feb 2024 at 00:04, Rudolf Schubert wrote:
Ok, that means people at QUT with their GPM were not part of that consensus;-)

Like I wrote, it was a silent consensus, mostly based on how code was typically (but not always) written at ETHZ and it wasn't consequently followed. In order to have a naming convention that people willingly and knowingly follow, you probably have to write it down and publish it. We did so for our revision of Modula-2* and it forms part of our specification/documentation, but I am not aware that such a document was ever produced and published by any of the earlier Modula-2 compiler and library implementors.

[*] https://github.com/m2sf/m2bsk/wiki/Language-Specification-(E)-:-Naming-Convention