Re: API change between GCC 12.3.0 and 13.2.0?

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: API change between GCC 12.3.0 and 13.2.0?
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 17:13:04 +0000

Benjamin Kowarsch <trijezdci@gmail.com> writes:

> Thus, I say, please consider adopting an FFI pragma
>
> DEFINITION MODULE FooLib <*FFI="C"*>;
>
> and then let the compiler follow any and all conventions necessary to
> interface to the specified foreign language.
>
> Remember, things should be made as simple as possible, not any
> simpler, but also not any more complicated.

Hi,

ok this sounds very sensible.  The <*FFI="C"*> is consise and
unobtrusive - also it is well documented the m2r10 language spec:

http://modula-2.net/m2r10/pmwiki.php?n=Spec.LanguageReport#PragmaFFI

I propose implementing <*FFI="C"*> also <*FFIDENT="foobar"*>,

thanks for the explanations of their rationale