Re: Substituting local modules with the same name as the GM2 modules

From: Michael Riedl
Subject: Re: Substituting local modules with the same name as the GM2 modules
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 14:05:59 +0100

John,

interesting topic - I have a similar issue with a module FIO I created "ages ago" but which is conflicting the the "non standard" FIO module in GM2.

For Storage I see objects m2pim_Storage_ALLOCATE & m2pim_Storage_DEALLOCATE (or  m2iso_Storage_ALLOCATE & m2iso_Storage_DEALLOCATE for the ISO library). If you have a local Storage module that should have object names  Storage_ALLOCATE & Storage_DEALLOCATE - so that should not give an issue at link time in my view.

But I face the situation that the compiler is hassling with the definition modules when compiling the main module - here I get complains about not implemented procedures and the like (seems it compares either my local definition file with the library implementation file or visa versa).

So I am also looking forward to the answer without the need to rename all ...

Gruß

Michael