Re: Delete from Strings does 'funny things' (oh, it's a rhyme!)

From: Michael Riedl
Subject: Re: Delete from Strings does 'funny things' (oh, it's a rhyme!)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 19:41:55 +0200

Rudolf,

attached the output with XDS M2 - besides whitespace identiacal to what you provided for GPM.

Michael

Am 10.05.23 um 11:55 schrieb Rudolf Schubert:
Hi,

I'm still hunting some issues. This time my focus is on Delete from Strings.
'As usual' I append a small test program and this time also two logs. One
is from GM2 and the other from GPM. The files are:

port_test9_gm2.mod:     small test program
TestDelete_gm2:         log when using GM2
TestDelete_gpm:         log when using GPM

I think GPM does things right whereas GM2 fails in several places. Mainly
GM2 does not change Length of the string for the cases '1', 'a', 'ab'
and 'abc'. Moreover in case '1' we see the problem that GM2 reports a
HIGH value of 0 instead of 1. But please see my other post for this.

BR

Rudolf

--
Rudolf Schubert                 \