Re: Dynamic mutidimensional arrays

From: Fischlin Andreas
Subject: Re: Dynamic mutidimensional arrays
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 09:12:34 +0000

Benjamin, I was just reacting to Michael’s code, has really nothing to do with what you proposed. Andreas

On Wed, 05.04.23, at 11:07, Benjamin Kowarsch <trijezdci@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

On Wed, 5 Apr 2023 at 17:44, Fischlin Andreas <andreas.fischlin@env.ethz.ch> wrote:
I would rather put that array declaration into a record type and add a length field.
TYPE Vector = POINTER TO RECORD
  length : CARDINAL;
  values : ARRAY [1..MaxV] OF REAL
END; (* Vector *)
Yes. I was just commenting on YOUR code, not mine.

I am not sure I follow you there. Do you mean the line TYPE PVECTOR = POINTER TO ARRAY [1..MaxV] OF REAL?

If so, I don't recall writing that. I generally use pointers to records rather than pointers to arrays.

Where did you find it?

regards
benjamin