Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Creating Fedora mirror on Razorblade

From: Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Creating Fedora mirror on Razorblade
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 00:24:06 +0530

> One option is to freshen up the mirror. The problem is as Debarshi earlier
> pointed out that the Fedora Core 6 release may be frozen and no addition will
> be
> made to it so that people will be shifting to the newer distros to avail the
> cutting edge softwares and the mirror will be useless.

Just a clarification. It is quite possible that you will find that
there are _NO_ Fedora Core 6 mirrors available to sync the local
mirror with once they declare it as "end of life".

> Please note we do not have enough space on the server for both Fedora 7 and
> Fedora 8

It seems wise to start with Ubuntu and come back to Fedora when the
new version is out. However have you checked the release dates of
Ubuntu 7.10? It should be out very soon.

Cheers,
Debarshi
--
GPG key ID: 63D4A5A7