Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Regarding creating local mirrors

From: Rakesh Pandit
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Regarding creating local mirrors
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 17:11:53 +0530

Hi

Yes we should advertise it like anything. I guess holding a GLUG workshop which
Pandit Sir was saying he will do a gpg and pgp encryption workshop in which we
can also advertise the repos.

I am not still sure doing a gpg and pgp encription workshop would help
people. There is a problem. We cann't give a demo unless we create our
own mailing server and people wouldn't be using it actively, so no
use.

What exactly do you mean by installation fest??
I mean followg points:
> if we get at least 10-15 people already done with
> there installation and ready to contribute at will. What we can do a
> BOF and then  talk  about it to the people.
                                          /|\

                                          "It" here could be telling
them about how to use repo's and help each other by interacting more
and more about there problems and solving them. That's what community
concept is.

I want more views. What do you all think?

--
Regards
Rakesh

Linux, the choice of a GNU generation   -o)
Kernel 2.6.19  on a i686                         /\
                                                        _\_v