Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] GLUG Activity for the Semester

From: vivek shah
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] GLUG Activity for the Semester
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:55:49 +0530

   >Me, Rishi, Pandit and Manu were thinking of doing some programming
>workshop as a GLUG activity sometime (probably the weekend after
>college reopens).

    Thats Great and this programming contest might also increase interest and participation for    BITWISE 2007 which is slated on 11th February ie the next weekend and after all programming contests are meant to be fun.....................

>But we aren't sure how relevant this sort of thing is, and what sort
>of participation we can expect (I mean, what numbers, and what
>quality).

    Arjun I guess we shouldnt worry about the quality rather work towards building cos in our college people are generally disinterested about programming contests and stuff so we are just going to start off that culture..... I have one question though.... Can GLUG members participate cos most of the people who will normally participate are on this mailing list............ and remember our periodicals start on next wednesday though I donno how much it will affect participation.............

>Can the others on the list point these things out, so we all can
>decide the nature of events the GLUG can hold?

     I think we have been holding too many installation and introduction events for a GLUG..... we need people to come and discuss rather than coming out n seeing Ubuntu being installed... we can hold a troubleshooting workshop so that people who have installed and are facing problems can come and discuss for a start

>Also, now that the GLUG will be independently conducting events during
>Nimbus, are there any suggestions anyone may have?

    Its great that GLUG will be doing independent events during NIMBUS thts seriously a relief for me  I cant say more on this for  I might get fired :-D

Regards,

    Vivek

--
Put a rogue in the limelight and he will act like an honest man.
                -- Napoleon Bonaparte, "Maxims"