gforth

Re: turn off history

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: turn off history
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 18:35:12 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2022, 13:13:08 CEST schrieb Anton Ertl:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 01:00:37PM +0200, Bernd Paysan wrote:
> > Another question is: Should we open the history file later in the boot
> > process, e.g. on entering interactive mode?  There's no need to do that
> > earlier.
> I have been thinking about having a word INTERACTIVE-COLD or somesuch,
> used like 'COLD, but only invoked when enterin interactive mode, but
> have not acted (yet).

There are two hooks where to put things that get called when you enter
interactive state.  The first one is BOOTMESSAGE, the second is 'QUIT.  We have
put LOAD-RC into BOOTMESSAGE, so maybe that is the right place to initialize
the interactive state.  I would open the history last (after the boot message
is displayed).

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o id: kQusJzA;7*?t=uy@X}1GWr!+0qqp_Cn176t4(dQ*