gforth

Building from scratch on Raspberry Pi 64-bit - install-info error

From: M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
Subject: Building from scratch on Raspberry Pi 64-bit - install-info error
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 22:29:40 +0000

I'm trying to build "gforth" from scratch on a Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4
running the 64-bit Raspberry Pi operating system based on Debian "buster". I
cloned the repository and made it through the "source ./install-deps.sh" and
"./BUILD-FROM-SCRATCH" steps with no problems. But the "sudo make install"
crashed with

/usr/bin/mkdir -p /usr/local/share/info/usr/bin/install-info
--info-dir=/usr/local/share/info doc/gforth.info
/usr/local/share/info/gforth.info
install-info: excess command line argument `/usr/local/share/info/gforth.info'
install-info: No such file or directory for doc/gforth.info
make: *** [Makefile:889: install-info] Error 1

Is something missing in the Pi operating system? I've run this successfully
before on NVIDIA Jetsons, which have arm64 / aarch64 CPUs like the Raspberry Pi
but run Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

--
How many people can stand on the shoulders of a giant before the giant
collapses?

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.