gforth

Re: returning c string pointer to gforth

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: returning c string pointer to gforth
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 15:38:34 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 17. März 2021, 15:06:55 CET schrieb Garry Ogle:
> Just to clarify:
>
> The C code works works as intended, and char pointer is set correctly. I
> simply cannot return a usable address to Gforth.

This is works for me.  Here a short test code to check if you can return
usable addresses:

c-library test
\c const char * foo="Hello World!";
\c const char * foo_x() { return foo; }
c-function foo_x foo_x -- a
end-c-library

Try it:

foo_x cstring>sstring type Hello World! ok

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o id: kQusJzA;7*?t=uy@X}1GWr!+0qqp_Cn176t4(dQ*