Re: [Getfem-users] Problem with Hertzian contact

From: Andriy Andreykiv
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Problem with Hertzian contact
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 12:53:29 +0200

Kostas, is it correct to differentiate between 1st Piola Kirchhoff stress and Cauchy stress when we are within small deformation theory?
I suspect that when the strains in the David's simulation become large, Hertz analytical solution doesn't apply anymore because of small deformation assumption in Hertz contact