Incompatibility gmm++ 5.3 vs 5.1 due to gmm::lapack_ipvt

From: Hans Wulf
Subject: Incompatibility gmm++ 5.3 vs 5.1 due to gmm::lapack_ipvt
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 16:15:51 +0200

Hello all,

after upgrading gmm++ to version 5.3 from 5.1 my code does not compile anymore because the interface of gmm::lu_solve changed to

lu_factor(DenseMatrix& A, lapack_ipvt& ipvt)

and gmm::lapack_ipvt is not defined in 5.1 .
It is easy to fix, but I want the code to work with both versions and could not find any solution so far. I tried to solve it via #ifdef, however: There is a #define for GMM_VERSION in gmm_arch_config.h, but nothing numeric like GMM_MAJOR_VERSION, GMM_MINOR_VERSION that could be used in an #if preprocessor statement.

Is there some easy fix I am missing? For example some way to distinguish the gmm++ version in the preprocessor?

Best regards,

Hans Wulf