gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Passing multiple file pathes to shell scripts

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Passing multiple file pathes to shell scripts
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 23:34:09 +0200

Hi Michael,

this behavior actually changed in the release for version 1.14.0.
(Unfortunately, this was missed being documented in the release notes).

Could you try to change your script execution by passing "%f" to it
instead of "%u"? I think this should return the old behavior which you
exptected.

Excerpt from the Gcmd Documentation:

String expansion - String Expands to...
%f      File name (or list for multiple selections)
%F      Quoted filename (or list for multiple selections)
%p      Full file system path (or list for multiple selections)
%P      Quoted full file system path (or list for multiple selections)
%s      Synonym for %P (for compatibility with previous versions of GNOME
Commander)
%u      Fully qualified URI for the file (or list for multiple selections)
%d      Full path to the directory containing file
%D      Quoted full path to the directory containing file
%%      Percent sign

See also: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-commander/-/issues/107

(Fixed in version 1.14.0)

Best