gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] FW: AW: Re: Migration away from GnomeVFS is done

From: stefan . czinczoll
Subject: [gcmd-dev] FW: AW: Re: Migration away from GnomeVFS is done
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 23:58:19 +0200

   Von: stefan.czinczoll@arcor.de
   Gesendet: 15.10.2021 23:57
   An: Uwe Scholz <u.scholz83@gmx.de>
   Betreff: AW: Re: [gcmd-dev] Migration away from GnomeVFS is done

   Von: Uwe Scholz <u.scholz83@gmx.de>
   Gesendet: 15.10.2021 23:05
   An: Gnome-commander development list <gcmd-devel@nongnu.org>

   Hi Uwe,
   you wrote:
   > This looks as if glib on your system is not available with at least
   > version 2.66. This requirement can be seen here in the documentation:
   > [1]https://docs.gtk.org/glib/flags.UriFlags.html.
   > I have actually set this requirement in the file configure.ac in the
   > variable "GLIB_REQ". I am suprised that the configure step did not
   > complain before the actual "make". What does the output of your
   > "autogen.sh" run say about glib? Which version have you installed?
   I've overseen the GLIB -> no checkmark in the output; it doesn't break
   creating the makefile now.
   This is from the system:
   $ sudo apt policy libglib2.0-dev
   [sudo] Passwort für stefan:
   libglib2.0-dev:
     Installiert:           2.64.6-1~ubuntu20.04.4
     Installationskandidat: 2.64.6-1~ubuntu20.04.4
     Versionstabelle:
    *** 2.64.6-1~ubuntu20.04.4 500
           500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates/main amd64
   Packages
           100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
        2.64.6-1~ubuntu20.04.3 500
           500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security/main amd64
   Packages
        2.64.2-1~fakesync1 500
           500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 Packages
   So you're right with this:
   > If I get it right the default is 2.64 in Ubuntu 20.04, according to
   > [2]https://packages.ubuntu.com/focal/libglib2.0-dev
   > In groovy, version 2.66 it is available:
   > [3]https://packages.ubuntu.com/groovy/libglib2.0-dev
   Groovy is EOL, so I'll try with the fresh Impish version 21.10
   tomorrow.
   BTW, In Ubuntu 18.04 Michael Vogt is package maintainer (version
   1.4.8):
   Michael Vogt <mvo@debian.org>