gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Compiling Gnome Commander in Ubuntu 20.04

From: Stefan Czinczoll
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Compiling Gnome Commander in Ubuntu 20.04
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 12:59:01 +0100 (CET)

Hi Ken, 18.04 should work, but with Version 1.10.2 of gnome commander. On 20.04
gcmd. won't build because gnome3 libraries are in use.
I suggest building in an VM first.

The package names in Ubuntu are different, as package format isn't .rpm, but
.deb.

You may search for packages here:

https://packages.ubuntu.com/

Package is gvfs and similar, you'll probably also need libgnome2 and similar.

HTH

schollsky