gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] new config dir

From: Michael
Subject: [gcmd-dev] new config dir
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 00:06:31 +0200

Uwe, can we do some quick briefing about your plans for config transitions ?

1)  On my 'rolling' Debian ('testing') there's still only 1.4.8 available and
it uses ~/.gnome-commander/gnome-commander.xml. There's possibly a problem if
you switch off .gnome-commander and much later, Debian upgrades with a big leap
from 1.4.8 to some  1.1x ...
 -> who will be responsible to write a migration script ?

2) My gcmd version uses both dirs ~/.gnome-commander and .gnome2 for config
files. Are you planning to merge and move all configs to
~/.config/gnome-commander ? Which is the default for debian based sitros,
according to some freedesktop deliberations, and i strongly support it.

Wouldn't we need a debian 'pre-configure' transition script and some 'migrated'
flag (file) ?  Maybe theres a debian standard procedure and templates, and
maybe it's a task for the package maintener ?