gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] file properties -> video codec information ?

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] file properties -> video codec information ?
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 20:18:41 +0200

> > Don't know yet, what's the best suited for gcmd...
> IMHO, GStreamer.

Well, ok, that's suitable for Gnome. However, there might be KDE desktop users
using gcmd, or people like me who have none such a 'desktop session' at all. (I
seem to remember quite a lot of people do just metacity; and what about Compriz
Fusion?) But virtually anybody have libavcodec installed since any media player
uses that. It would make gcmd easier to install in a KDE environment (or
whatever).

As for Mono - granted :) it would add quite some new dependencies, just for
that one feature. My bad, i did not think.