gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] d&d stuff

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] d&d stuff
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 02:12:53 +0200

I really don't want to be sucking, but (too late) i fear it's not yet done.
It's aint over till it's over. As we say in the Army :)

About the new 'confirmation' feature:

With 'mouse alone dragging', the confirmation is totally fine, leaving users
any option plus have them check if the correct folder was selected. That was
one of the main points of it, given a flakey touchpad.
Uhm, how is that one marked in gcmd...? The marking frame instantly
disappears....

Second issue, when i Shift+Mouse move a selection then it's rather clear one
likes to 'move' and the confirmation is not necessary. At least this is how
Dolphin handles it, and i found it really convenient.

Now if you really want to simplify it down to the bottom, then the shift or
ctrl+shift selector should be totally disabled with confirmation (no mouse
pointer change). But if there is a mouse icon change, i think, then that also
should make a difference. I'd be fine with either way.