gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] gcmd-BACKWARD+FORWARD-mouse-buttons

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] gcmd-BACKWARD+FORWARD-mouse-buttons
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 02:31:00 +0200

Guess what - it works now. I did some major updates in between and also sucked
the latest git, so i'm sorry i can't tell exactly why.

While gcmd seems to record the subfolders when diving into parallel ones, and
follow that history with the navigation menu 'backward' button, the 'backward'
mouse side-button does not seem to follow this history.

It does, in effect, the same as middle-click (cd ..). I guess what it should do
is the same as the nav menu 'backward' button.

The 'forward' side-button is doing something that i have to understand yet...to
me, it appears to be like random, but it may be some 'old' history instead.
Accordingly, the forward menu buttons are generally not accessible (greyed).

So far for today :) at least i'm glad the buttons are recognized now. That
should be something you could start with, right ?

ps. I can not track the exact keycode because the 'k' flag seems to be used for
directory pool now, at least according to the manpage. I believe this is a
unlucky setup, intuitively 'k'  would be for keycodes and directory pool could
be like 'o' ? (If you would like to add further debugging modes in the future,
then 'long-options-only' would probably be another thing to consider.)