gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] The roadmap to 1.2.6

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] The roadmap to 1.2.6
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 05:35:15 +0100

Piotr Eljasiak wrote:
Here goes my proposal:

    * support for other GnomeVFS protocols (SSH+FTP and WebDAV)
    * support (although a bit limited) for RTL languages
    * user defined shortcuts for running arbitrary applications
    * root (administrator) mode - for starting gcmd as a root

Any suggestions?
GIO/GVFS?

Yes, I do intend to switch to GIO/GVFS, as the current GnomeVFS
(Filesystem Abstraction library) is heading (faster than I expected)
towards planned deprecation.

Have those "virtual folders" while making the changes.

BTW, it'll be a good reason to change version numbering. 2.0 ?

Probably.