gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] New feature request.

From: Marc
Subject: [gcmd-dev] New feature request.
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:21:10 -0500

I've read the to-do didn't see this, which surprises me to no end because the feature I'm requesting is so basic I was honestly surprised to learn that g-c didn't have it.

The option to manually type in the directory you want to browse to. Even basic file managers like Nautilus have it! It makes browsing around a million times easier, and increases independence from the mouse. Being forced to click to each directory is incredibly annoying.

I like GNOME Commander. I think it's a good file-manager. I haven't read its history or anything, but I'm guessing its new? It has a lot of nice features, but it's also missing out on a lot of incredibly basic ones--although a lot of them are noted in the to-do list, which is good.

If anyone reads this and feels it deserves a response, remember to cc me to your reply!

Thanks for your time.