gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] operating on multiple folders

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] operating on multiple folders
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 23:28:02 +0100

> Howbout that:
>
> Selecting multiple folders + rightclick 'properties' counts files (numbers,
> sum size) recursively ?

I'm afraid it won't be consistent with the way "File Properties' dlg
works now... The dlg is used for presenting detailed info on current
(one!) entry under the cursor. IMHO it'd be quite misleading if the same
dlg sometimes will work on a group of selected entries and sometimes
not...

But on the other hand the idea of presenting the number of files
contained in subdirs is very nice and I will add it in the nearest
future - but definitely after 1.2.5, as we are so close to it. Added to
my TODO portfolio (TM) ;o)

Piotr