gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Metatags

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Metatags
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 18:24:29 +0200

On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 09:33 +0100, Koos Jan Niesink wrote:
> Hello,
>
> >$T(Exif.FNumber) contains slash (f/2,8) which is not allowed in
> >filenames, so renaming can't be executed. But you are right - gcmd
> >should report it. I'll try to fix that.
>
> You were right, when I used e.g. $T(Exif.Model) file renaming worked.

But $T(Exif.FNumber) still can be used - you have to replace '/' with
another something else.

> >ICC support is not finished yet, currently I'm working on Exif and
> >>IPTCtags. What ICC tags are you interested in?
>
> I actually do not know what ICC is. A search on google listed so many things.
> And I couldn't find any directions how to install it.
> So I am just a bit curious.

ICC stands for International Color Consortium
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icc_profile). Library supporting ICC
profiles is Little CMS (http://www.littlecms.com/) and is used (among
others) by eog. It is not incorporated into gcmd yet, so can't be tested
at the moment.

Piotr