gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Re: [gcmd-usr] Editing files on a ftp connection

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Re: [gcmd-usr] Editing files on a ftp connection
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 17:01:05 +0200

chris montijn wrote:
Hi there,

In Windows Commander (WC) i connect to a FTP-server
press F4 on the file to edit and WC stores the file in
a local temp dir and I can edit the file (without any
pops or questions, I love it). Then I save the file
and quit the editor and WC prompts that the file has
changed and asks if I want to upload the local
temporary file to the server. Afterwards it deletes
the local file.

Is this possible in Gnome-commander?

Sorry for late answer, your message was held up together
with a lot of spam since you posted as non-member of
the mailing-list.

No, this feature you are describing is missing in GCMD.
But it may be possible to implement, i CC this message
to the devel-list because it is an idea worth thinking
about imho.

I also suggest you sign up on the list if you want to
join the discussion